Capital Campaign Checklist
The Committee encourages grant seekers who are considering approaching the Foundation with a capital campaign request to review the following checklist and to include answers to these questions on a separate 1-2 page document:
- Has a separate fund been established for all campaign funds?
- Has property been identified and secured with a firm contract?
- Have the final specifications been completed and put out for multiple bids?
- Has the project received approval from the local city council?
- Have all necessary permits/zoning variances been obtained?
- Is there a realistic fundraising plan?
- Have 100% of the board members contributed a significant amount to the project?
- Has the organization committed some of its own funds to the project?
- Is there a 3-5 business plan showing income to cover increased operating expenses?
- Was there a fundraising feasibility study and/or marketing study before the campaign was launched?
- Does the total campaign budget differentiate capital needs from operating and endowment needs?
- To what degree does the project fit within the Bruening Foundation's focus areas?