These documents are to be uploaded at the end of the online application. Documents can be in Excel, PDF or Word formats. All of the following documents are required to be uploaded. If you do not have the capabilities to scan and upload your audit, it can be mailed under separate cover. Please call the Foundation office and let us know that you will be sending it via mail.
- Cover letter signed by the Chief Executive Officer and Board President
- Board of Trustee list (Show name, only, and any other corporate and/or organizational affiliations and terms of service)
- Project budget (All expenses for the project and all pending and committed sources of income)
- Most recent audited financial statement and management letter OR Form 990 tax return if the organization has no audit
- Board approved operating budgets showing actual income and expenses for the last complete fiscal year and projected for the current fiscal year
- Collaboration Letters - If the proposal involves a partnership with one or more entities, a letter of support from the partner entities should be included. In the case of schools, a letter of support from the superintendent of each school district must be included with the application.
Capital Campaigns - The Foundation will consider requests to support capital campaigns under certain conditions. A Capital Campaign Checklist has been developed and applicants should provide answers to these questions in a separate document that must be uploaded and submitted with any capital campaign request for funding. Access Capital Campaign Checklist
- Grants for Technology - Recognizing the benefits information technology can have in advancing the missions of nonprofit organizations it supports, the Bruening Foundation has adopted a Technology Checklist to guide grantseekers who want to submit a technology-related grant request. Applicants should provide answers to the questions on this checklist in a separate document that must be included with any technology-related grant proposal. Access Technology Checklist
Please note you must "Upload" each document separately to properly attach the documents to your application.